Release notes for SystemDS 2.2.2
SystemDS 2.2.x is a minor release. This release contains major improvements to existing features,
a large number of performance and robustness fixes, and some experimental features to better
support the end-to-end data science lifecycle. In addition to that, this is the last release
with Java 8 and Spark 2.x.
SECURITY NOTICE: This release and the above versions include fix for the CVE-2022-26477.
The major changes (compared to SystemDS 2.1) include:
- Federated Backend: Extended operations and built-ins to support various workflows and algorithms.
- Full support for compressed linear algebra.
- Full support for multithreaded feature transformation.
- Various performance improvements to existing builtins in SystemDS’s local, distributed, and native runtimes.
- Performance and robustness fixes for eval. Parfor support for eval.
- Robust performance test suite.
- Asynchronous triggering of spark operations via prefetch and broadcast
- New feature: Generating custom readers by example [experimental]
- Robust release automation scripts with dry-run support.
- Miscellaneous Improvements: Improved documentation, better testing, Python API, GPU backend.